Thursday, September 20, 2007

Yay, I won!

Lychee Cheesecake


On top of its contribution as our dinner party dessert, this cake also won me the "Best in Edibility" category in DMBLGIT August 2007! It's my first time participating in this event, and I am honored that the judges selected mine out of so many drool-worthy pictures.Honestly, I think everybody did extremely well this round, and I am a bit embarassed to tell you I won.... (shhh....so we will keep it low-key, ok?)

Maybe this is what they call "beginner's luck"? Anyway, thanks to the kind people who like this pic and my friends (yes, YOU!) who frequent my blog and leave me encouraging comments. I won't have cared to style my food and decorate my baked goods if it wasn't for you.

I am a happy girl now. I wish I could share a piece of Lychee Cheesecake with you now. Oh, and you can see the roundup of DMBLGIT August 2007 here. Hmmm, I wonder which photo should I choose to participate in the September DMBLGIT? Would you tell me which one is your favorite!

15 comments:

Happy Homebaker said...

Mandy, Congrats! You don't have to feel shy, you deserve it :D
If u are only restricting to your Sept entries to enter for the Sept event, I like your nutella tart the best! Keep up the great job, 'jia you'!

Belinda said...

What a breathtakingly beautiful cake, Mandy...its just as pretty as can be, you did a wonderful job! I would be sad to cut into it because its just so, so pretty, but I would not turn down a slice, that's for sure!

Aimée said...

Huge congrats! A photo very worthy,I must say. If only I could taste the cheesecake!

Anne said...

Congratulations! your photo's are indeed lovely. Don't forget my share of lychee cheesecake okey ;)

Little Corner of Mine said...

Congratulations!! You deserved it! :)

bp said...

Congrats! Way to go, gal! =)

Cuisine Paradise said...

Wow.. Mandy, Congret.... Your photo is stunning!!!! U deserved the title...... :) Jia You!!!!

Nic said...

This was one of my favourites too! Well done to you!

Warda said...

Congrats Mandy. Well deserved with a cheesecake this beautifully made. As for the picture, since it's going to be from august archive, I choose the one you entered for Brownie babe. The first or the last one. Although I prefer the first one. But I must say that you have some gorgeous pictures. All you need now is your DMBLGIT Logo.

Deborah said...

Congrats! It was completely deserved!

Nora B. said...

Congratulations, Mandy! What do you mean "keep it low key"!!! You should bask in the glory :-)

I missed this entry so I'll have to look back to the post and check it out.

It's not beginner's luck - your cheesecake looks soooo delectable.

chenboon said...

Congratulation...
Your cake looks yummy yummy...

Rasa Malaysia said...

Congrats...well deserved, so jilat-able. I wanted extra lychee please. :)

Mandy said...

thanks everyone! I am blushing already!

Anonymous said...

hey hey CONGRATZZZ...i will always be your most avid FAN-seee

you totally deserved the win

GOOO MANDY

Related Posts with Thumbnails