Monday, July 24, 2006

3rd lemon cake recipe

I fell in love with lemon cake the moment I tried Ina Garten's Lemon Cake several months ago. Ever since then, I have been on a look out for other lemon cake recipe which could rival her version. I tried this from Cooks Illustrated, which was not too bad, but not as good as Ina's.

Last Friday, I felt adventurous, and tried a new lemon bundt cake recipe. It was not nice. And way too compact that could be mistaken as brick. Neverless to say, I was disappointed. Luckily it only used 2 lemons, 3 cups of flour, 2 sticks of butter and 4 eggs. Not really an expensive cake. More often than not, it is not the cost that I am worry about. It's the end product itself. Being not happy with the taste, we naturally refrain from giving it away. Neither can I throw the perfectly edible food to the bin.

I can only hope that the taste improvea over time, which in this case is highly unlikely.... I am not going to post the recipe here. If I have not gained anything from this experience, at least I am quite certain that Ina Garten's lemon cake is the best.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails