Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Mushroom & Spinach Frittata with Goat Cheese




Finally I got round my inertia to try out a new recipe from my subscribed Cookinglight magazine. Mushroom & Spinach Frittata is the first frittata recipe I try. Basically the term Frittata means dish with eggs as its major ingredient. Though I don't particularly love to eat eggs on their own, I enjoy eating quiche and omelet, and occasionally, scrambled eggs.

My first attempt on frittata is not a huge success. It seems ok from the photos, but it tastes a bit off to me. Something is lacking, I don't know what. The dish just doesn't shine despite its deceiving appearance. Maybe it's the hash brown I used to replace the shredded potato as specified in the recipe. Other than that, I pretty much adhere to the recipe. I don't know, I guess this is just not the winner frittata recipe I will repeat.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails