Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Aglio e Olio


After hunting for cherrie blossom in the afternoon, I decided to cook something easy for dinner. For me, easy = pasta. So, we had bacon aglio e olio yesterday night. Just nice to use up my bacon and flat leaf parsley.

It's the simplest recipe for pasta. Just remember to use lots of fresh herbs,(parsley, basil, oregano, rosemary, whatever) extravirgin olive oil and garlic. Because this recipe is so simple that it doesn't need a written instruction, I decided not to include it here. (ok, it's my recipe. and I don't know the exact amount of all the ingredients used)

In case you really want to know:
First, cook the pasta, as you normally would, until al dente.
Add plenty of extra virgin olive oil (this will be your pasta sauce) to a non stick skillet. When the oil is hot, add in minced garlic. I like garlic. So I used a lot. Fry until fragrant, stir in fresh herbs ( about one palmful). Season with sea salt and red pepper flakes for some heat. At this point, stir in the pasta, and coat well with extra virgin olive oil. Add in at least a palmful of freshly grated parmesan cheese.Stir well.
Serve it with more salt and cheese to taste.

See, simple right? Oh, I also used bacon. Just fry the bacon until crisp before the abovementioned procedure. And drain bacon on paper towel. Stir them in before serving.

OCT's lunch box

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails